Ensure safe waterway navigation with virtual marker buoys
NaviSuite Perio allows you to accurately deploy multiple virtual buoys for AIS navigation aids at a fraction of the cost of physical buoys.
NaviSuite Perio offers a unique approach to navigational aiding, by enabling you to deploy a high number of any buoy type as virtual buoys so they appear correctly on AIS displays on nearby vessels. This is an alternative or a supplement to the deployment of physical buoys.
Typical use includes:
- Marking the deepest part of the sailing channel for extra large vessels approaching
- Marking temporary construction areas, cable lay areas, etc
- Marking subsea equipment such as towed seismic equipment or our own ScanFish
NaviSuite Perio can save you a lot on the cost of deployment of buoys – virtual buoys stay in the right place, can easily be moved, don’t require service and are free to deploy and recover.
NaviSuite Perio software allows for:
- 3D visualisation of seabed, navigation charts, buoys, etc
- Placement of buoys via the software on exact location based on latest seabed survey
- All AIS AtoN buoy types supported
- Built-in quality control – NaviSuite Perio will listen for the buoy data and verify that it is received as it is sent
- Easy control of transmission being on/off
We use the AIS AtoN (Aid to Navigation) standard that allows for transmission of virtual object positions – in our case 25 or more buoys transmitted from shore.
The solution comes with AIS transponder and allows for transmission of buoy position from shore by means of AIS antenna, antenna cable, mounting bracket, etc.