The higher performance gyrocompass, the Meridian Surveyor, provides a dynamic heading accuracy of 0.20° secant latitude RMS and a static heading accuracy of 0.05° secant latitude RMS.
The Meridian Gyrocompass can be installed as a stand-alone unit or, together with any of the TSS range of repeaters and ancillaries, it becomes a single, dual or triple gyro system. The Meridian can also be used as a retrofit unit. Due to the Meridian's small size and fast settle time of less than 45 minutes, there are no limits to the type of vessel for which it is suitable.
- IMO and Wheelmark certified
- State-of-the-art digital electronics
- Maintenance-free DTG element
- Dynamic heading accuracy to ± 0.2°
- Static heading accuracy to 0.05°
- 40 min settle time
- MTBF > 30,000 hours
- High turn rate of 200° per second
- User-friendly digital setup and self-test