Software training courses
Teaching you the ropes through virtual training, classroom courses and blended learning
EIVA offers a variety of software training courses designed to enhance maritime professionals' understanding of NaviSuite, as well as improve their competences with the various tools and features of the range of NaviSuite products.
Software courses are delivered by expert instructors and are run according to a fixed schedule/calendar (detailed below), with training courses being conducted on a virtual platform, as well as at various locations around the world, including EIVA headquarters in Denmark.
Alongside fixed training courses, we also offer the opportunity to arrange customised training courses tailored to your business needs. These courses can be run both virtually and with an instructor physically at hand, depending on your requirements and the given possibilities. It is thus possible to build a course entirely around your requirements, allowing for selection of specific course contents, duration, time and location.
Any other requirements you have, we will be more than happy to hear about and work towards accommodating. If you are interested in this option, please get in touch.
- NaviEdit 8.5 Essentials
- NaviModel 4.0 Patch Test Essentials
- NaviModel 4.0 Essentials (Part 1)
- NaviModel 4.0 Essentials (Part 2)
Day 1: NaviEdit
Day 2-4: NaviModel and patch test calibration
The blended learning course is structured around a general curriculum to give course participants a broad understanding of the EIVA NaviSuite Navigation and acquisition software solutions and make them confident in using them in operation.
The training consists of case-based training sessions, in which an instructor will guide the participants through a series of hands-on training scenarios based primarily on the information acquired from the eLearning modules combined with a short introduction to each main topic by the instructor.
During the course, participants are guided through how to:
- Install the relevant NaviSuite software solutions
- Conduct import and editing of various sensor data including multi-beam in a NaviEdit/NaviModel environment
- Conduct patch test calibration in NaviModel
- Work with point clouds
- Use the various DTM (including volume and area calculations) as well as other tools in NaviModel
- Create simple contour and bathymetry plots in NaviPlot
- Utilise the reporting and eventing features of NaviModel
- Export tools for sensor and multibeam data
- Volume calculation
The course is aimed towards Surveyors, Data Processors and other professionals with basic survey knowledge who wish to be able to learn how to process various sensor data including navigation and multibeam data processing.
A minimum score of 80% in all the required EIVA eLearning modules is requested. The training course is conducted in Portuguese.
The duration of the course is 4 days, from 1 pm to 5 pm (total of 16 hours), including 10 min break.
Access to EIVA eLearning will be provided for 90 days period as a complement to the blended learning system. After that, access to EIVA eLearning can be purchased for 12 months full access at the reduced price of €95.
Please choose payment via credit card and not invoice, when signing up for the course via the webshop. Your seat at the course is secured once we have received your payment.
An EIVA NaviSuite Training Certificate is issued to each trainee upon completion of the course.
- OS Windows 10 (no MAC or Linux, windows emulator does not work properly), 4GB RAM, 20GB disk space, Graphics board 1GB RAM (not shared) and administrative rights.
- A mouse: some tasks need scroll wheel (let’s not struggle with touchpad from laptop)
- 2 x monitors: one to view the training class and another one to perform the tasks.