If you are looking for an off-the-shelf power and communications solution for subsea sensors or other types of equipment deployed from a vessel via a long cable, we offer the ScanFish Cable Telemetry Kit for easy integration with your existing system. As it is based on the technology of the ScanFish ROTV system, it constitutes a proven off-the-shelf solution.
Standard kit components
- Topside (2U rack unit) with:
- 600 W power supply
- Modem for Ethernet over power cable (4-5 Mbit/s via a 4,000 m coax cable, with higher bandwidths – up to 7 Mbit/s – possible via shorter cables)
- Deck cable 30 m
- 600 m-rated pressure bottle with subsea electronics with:
- 9 SubConn interface connectors, with a mixture of Ethernet and serial ports
- Modem for Ethernet over power cable
- 8-port multiplexer, Ethernet to RS2323 or RS485
- 2 DC output power modules each at 130 W (one is preconfigured to 24 V, the other is customisable, allowing for 12-48 V)
The ScanFish Cable Telemetry Kit comes for equipment with a coax subsea cable.
Should you have other requirements, the kit can be delivered as a 600 W and a 1000 W version, as well as for combination with a fibre optic subsea cable, along with a long list of other optional extras.