NaviSuite NaviPac Configuration and Operation
- Conducted by:
- Product no :
- Underwater inspections and surveys
- ROV steering
- UXO surveys
- Hydrography and geophysics
- Shallow water mapping
- Harbour inspections
- Geophysical surveys
- Maritime constructions
- Jack-up operations
- Ocean science and archeology
- Navigation aid
7-10 Dec 2021 Virtual training
The course will be held virtually, via Microsoft Teams.
Attendance at the NaviSuite blended learning training courses presupposes that participants have passed the relevant EIVA eLearning modules prior to the start of the course. The training course will be conducted in Brazilian Portuguese.
eLearning modules to be passed prior to attending the classroom training:
- Basic Geodesy Essentials (unless well versed in the field already)
- NaviPac 4.0 Configuration Essentials
- NaviPac 4.1 Helmsman’s Display Essentials
- NaviPac 4.2 Helmsman’s Display Runlines and Waypoints Essentials
- NaviPac 3.9 LogData Essentials
- NaviPac 3.9 DataMon Essentials
The virtual course is structured around a general curriculum to give the trainees a broad understanding of the EIVA NaviPac software solution and make them confident in the configuring and use of it
To enhance trainee competence and confidence, typical construction support and acquisition scenarios are used as examples throughout the course combined with hands-on training, thus taking advantage of the comprehensive simulation functionalities that have been implemented into the NaviPac software solution
During the course, trainees are guided through how to:
- Install the NaviPac software solution
- Understand the architecture of NaviPac including folders and files structure
- Utilise the NaviPac database definition during the vessel mobilisation
- Perform advanced configuration setup with instrumentation, geodesy, objects, etc
- Run various programs for different tasks (check instruments inputs, calibration, documentation, data quality control)
- Perform surface and under-water positioning
- Log survey data for different tasks and in different formats
- Start, configure and use the Helmsman’s Display
- Create and manipulate waypoints, lines and runlines
- Use different map background formats such as geotifs, shapes and other CAD files
- Control the logging process from the Helmsman’s Display
- Configure and use different view layouts using graphs, data views and range bearing views
- Utilise the reporting and eventing features of NaviPac
- Utilise Camera Manager for video interface in Helmsman’s Display
The course is an entry level blended training for people who would like to start as offshore surveyors and NaviPac operators, who wish to be able to configure NaviPac in preparation for survey jobs.
Experienced surveyors are also welcome as to review and reassure their knowledge and possibly experience learning new tools.
A minimum score of 80% in all the required EIVA eLearning modules is requested. The training course is conducted in Portuguese.
The duration of the classroom training is four days with training of the group taking place from 13:00 to 17:00 Rio de Janeiro Local time (UTC - 3). At the end of the training session, the instructor will give the trainees relevant assignments to complete for review the following day, where the instructor will be available for catch-up, assistance and questions from the individual participant.
An EIVA NaviSuite Training Certificate is issued to each trainee upon completion of the course.
Access to NaviSuite (NaviPac Pro 4.5)
EIVA NaviSuite can be downloaded from our on-line Downloadsite for preparation purposes and can partially run in demo/simulation mode. Activation codes for full access and activation of NaviPac Pro is provided for 30 days as part of the course.
Access to EIVA eLearning will be provided for 90 days free of charge to allow the participant to prepare for the course and to continue practicing the newly learned skills afterwards. Additional access in 12 months can be purchased at the reduced price of €95.
Please choose payment via credit card and not invoice, when signing up for the course via the webshop.
The participant must have a stable internet connection to run Microsoft Teams smoothly.
- OS Windows 10
- 4GB Ram
- 20 GB disk space
- Graphics board 1GB Ram (not shared)
- The user must have administrative rights over the PC
- A mouse with scroll function
- A headset
- 2 x monitors (one to view the training and one to perform the task
For further information, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Have you heard of our EIVA LIVE webinar series?
We strive to stay at the forefront of the industry by constantly developing our products according to our customers' needs. This webinar series allow you to be kept up to date on which solutions we have developed lately.