Venue & Language
The course will be held virtually, via Microsoft Teams and conducted in Brazilian Portuguese.
- NaviEdit 8.5 Essentials
- NaviModel 4.0 Patch Test Essentials
- NaviModel 4.0 Essentials (Part 1)
- NaviModel 4.0 Essentials (Part 2)
Access to EIVA eLearning will be provided for 30 days free of charge to allow the participant to prepare for the course and to continue practicing the newly learned skills afterwards. Additional access in 12 months can be purchased at the reduced price of €110
Day 1: NaviEdit
Day 2-4: NaviModel and patch test calibration
The blended learning course is structured around a general curriculum to give course participants a broad understanding of the EIVA NaviSuite Navigation and acquisition software solutions and make them confident in using them in operation.
The training consists of case-based training sessions, in which an instructor will guide the participants through a series of hands-on training scenarios based primarily on the information acquired from the eLearning modules combined with a short introduction to each main topic by the instructor.
During the course, participants are guided through how to:
- Understand the basic architecture of NaviEdit, NaviModel and NaviPlot
- Conduct import, editing and export of sensor data and multibeam in NaviEdit environment
- Conduct a patch test calibration
- Create and manipulate waypoints, lines and runlines
- Use different background map formats (tif, shp, dwg, dxf…)
- Conduct volume and area calculations in NaviModel
- Use the various tools available under Point Cleaning Toolbox for efficient multibeam data cleaning,
- Explore the various DTM tools in NaviModel
- Work with Pointclouds in NaviModel
- Utilize the reporting and eventing features of NaviModel
- NaviModel video and track integration and mosaic
- Export data from NaviModel using generic and built-in tools
- Create simple contour and bathymetry plots in NaviPlot
- Introduction to Deep Learning based eventing
- Introduction of Workflow Manager
The course is aimed towards Surveyors, Data Processors and other professionals with basic survey knowledge who wish to be able to learn how to process various sensor data including navigation and multibeam data processing.
A minimum score of 80% in all the required EIVA eLearning modules is requested. The training course is conducted in Portuguese.
The duration of the classroom training is four days with training of the group taking place from 10.00 – 14.30 local Rio de Janerio time with 30min break for lunch between 12.00 and 12.30. At the end of the training session, the instructor will give the trainees relevant excercises to hand back to the instructor at the start of the session the day after. The instructor will be available for catch-up, assistance and questions from the individual participants if requested at a pre-agreed convenient time.
An EIVA NaviSuite Training Certificate is issued to each trainee upon completion of the course.
Access to NaviSuite
EIVA NaviSuite can be downloaded from our website for preparation purposes and can partially run in demo/simulation mode. Activation codes for full access and activation of the relevant NaviSuite software is provided for 30 days as part of the course
The participant must have a stable internet connection to run Microsoft Teams smoothly
- Minimum PC specifications:
- OS Windows PRO Edition 10 or 11
- 8 GB Ram as a minimum
- 20 GB disk space
- Graphics board 1GB Ram
- The user must have administrative rights over the PC
- Other requirements:
- A mouse with scroll function
- A headset
- 2 x monitors (one to view the training and one to perform the tasks)
- Internet connection via LAN is recommended to avoid fluctuations in the connection
- Further details about the hardware and software specs can be found here
Securing your seat
There is room for up to 8 participants at our virtual training courses and your seat is secured once we have received your payment. We only accept orders that are paid by credit card in our webshop
For further information, please do not hesitate to reach out
Join us for demos and networking
At EIVA Demo Days Denmark, 20-21 September 2023, we will offer presentations on and demos of the latest news from the EIVA NaviSuite software world, EIVA's hardware portfolio and other equipment developed by some of the strongest players in the offshore and shallow water industry.
Want to attend free webinars?
The ongoing EIVA LIVE webinar series keeps you up to date on our latest software and hardware developments – with the possibility to dive deeper and ask our experts questions. Past webinars have showcased solutions such as our autopilot and software for autonomous hydrographic surveys, as well as new automated ROV inspection modes.