EIVA is a leading engineering company delivering cutting-edge solutions to the international maritime industries. We develop and provide equipment, software and various services to customers specialising in ocean sciences, offshore construction, and offshore wind, oil and gas, to name just a few fields we’re active in.
Our product portfolio includes a number of sensor platforms (buoys and remotely operated towed vehicles) which are built in house through collaboration between our software and hardware departments.
Looking to strengthen the work between these departments, and in the process improve our products and develop new ones, we are on the lookout for a new crew member with a strong programming background and experience in Linux / C++ programming.
The successful candidate will join a strong and experienced software department, and assume responsibilities which include:
- Development of firmware for EIVA hardware products
- Facilitating communication and collaboration between EIVA software and hardware departments
- Development of management and data retrieval software on hardware platforms
- Building Linux core base
- Supporting the EIVA hardware research and development team
The ideal candidate…
- Has a background as a software engineer, holding a degree in computer science, software engineering or similar
- Possesses strong English language skills (both written and spoken)
- Is proficient in Linux compilation, flashing/installation, configuration, scripting, driver and user management, etc
- Is proficient in C ++, including being able to use ioctl and clean C code, which will be relevant at times
- Can help with other high-tech aspects such as i2c and SPI
- Is proficient in C#
- Has a good sense of software architecture and code design
- Knows what words like busybox, grub, buildroot or yocto project stand for and are.
Knowledge of products for the maritime surveying and construction industry would be most welcome, but is not a requirement. We know that we operate in a niche industry, so if you’re new to the maritime world, we’ll be sure to equip you with all necessary introductions to our activities and solutions before you dive into the EIVA waters.
Joining the EIVA crew
Joining EIVA means becoming part of a company that takes pride in having an informal and open workplace culture, engaged with high-end, innovative technology in an inspiring environment.
At EIVA, because of how highly we value an individual’s sense of personal responsibility and proactivity, it’s possible to make your mark and surprise us if you find undiscovered opportunities.
We value proper balance between work and private life; something reflected by 15th, 20th and even 25th anniversaries being a common enough event among our colleagues.
We offer various benefits, such as a pension scheme and health insurance, a canteen that no one leaves with an empty stomach, and an active social calendar.
The position is based at EIVA headquarters in Stilling, Denmark.
Ready to dive in?
If we have caught your attention, send your letter of application and CV to email@example.com. Please include ‘Software engineer’ in the subject line of your email.
All applications will be handled with discretion. Interviews will be held immediately, with the new crew member starting as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Ole Kristensen, Software Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.