EIVA is a hardware and software engineering company which provides solutions for applications above and below the water’s surface. We offer hardware, software and services such as rental, maintenance and training to customers specialising in renewable energy, oil and gas exploration and construction, just to mention a few.
We’re on the lookout for a workshop technician for a full-time position in our brand-new office in Singapore – which shares facilities with our sister company Sonardyne. You will work in close collaboration with our customer service support, our sales team, not least the local area sales manager, as well as EIVA’s team of engineers and technicians in assisting our world-wide customer base, and not least those based in the Asia-Pacific region as a local point of contact – ensuring that they can successfully map oceans, discover forgotten mines and build wind turbines.
You will be working with…
- Service and repair of high-end rental equipment such as our own ROTVs, data buoys and winches
- Supporting mobilisation of our own and customers’ equipment, including repair, service, assembly and documentation
- Testing and using EIVA’s products, for example performing customer demos and collect data for marketing materials
- Supporting the sales team during technical dialogues diving into the solutions
- Setting up the new office putting your mark on a part of the company that will see further growth in the coming years
Moreover, when customers are in need of on-site mobilisation of survey equipment and electronics as well as hands-on training (for those customers who might not have sufficient experience with the equipment themselves), we may send you to assist them. Also, you may be involved in harbour acceptance tests and the like.
Knowledge of products for the maritime surveying and construction industry would be most welcome. Should that knowledge be limited to certain applications, we’ll be sure to equip you with all necessary introductions to our activities and solutions before you dive into the EIVA waters.
The ideal candidate…
- Comes with relevant technical experience and/or training – maybe you have ‘electronics technician’ or similar written in your resume, but most importantly you have a flair for and interest in electronics
- Possesses strong English skills, both verbally and in writing
- Is so detail-oriented and structured that your net rarely lets fish through that should have been caught – no matter how many or how varied the tasks get
- Is able to document and communicate relevant information both to internal and external parties – test results, status/solutions on projects, etc
- Is motivated to quickly develop product and application expertise
- Has a positive and proactive approach to his/her work
- Is service-minded and flexible, with the ability to meet deadlines and fulfil requirements in a fast-changing environment
- Finds working in an international environment interesting
When you’re part of the EIVA crew…
… you’re part of a company with a very informal and open workplace culture where it is possible to make your mark if you see undiscovered opportunities.
Ready to dive in?
If we have caught your attention, send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Workshop technician – Singapore’ in the subject line of your email.
All applications will be handled with discretion. Interviews will be held immediately, with the new crew member starting as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Asia Pac Area Sales Manager Kirsten Fong for questions relating to the current activities in the area at email@example.com, or VP Service and Production Mette Juul Andreasen at firstname.lastname@example.org.