EIVA is a leading engineering company delivering cutting-edge solutions to the international maritime industries. We develop and provide equipment, software and various services to customers specialising in ocean sciences, offshore wind, oil and gas, and construction, to name just a few fields we’re active in.
As part of the development of the EIVA sales team we are on the lookout for an area sales manager to coordinate and develop our market activity in the Asia-Pacific territories.
The position will involve taking responsibility for EIVA’s Asia-Pacific sales to meet growing demand for EIVA solutions, as well as nurturing an existing and expanding customer base and our network of representatives in the region. Highlighting these circumstances, the position will not require being based at EIVA headquarters in Stilling, Denmark, and we welcome applications from candidates based abroad.
Familiarity with technologies and systems for operations above and below the water surface, including sensors and sonar equipment, is essential. Additionally, Chinese language abilities are a requirement.
This full-time position will require conducting visits to current and potential customers to advise on technical solutions, alongside taking responsibility for establishing and driving long-term sales relationships.
Working in this context will provide you the opportunity to contribute directly to the ambitions and growth of EIVA, whilst delivering leading solutions to the region’s maritime sector.
Ultimately, you would be ensuring that EIVA customers can successfully conduct maritime operations, including wave and currents measurements, dredging operations, hydrographic surveys and ocean studies, employing technologies such as GPS, sonar, LiDAR scanners and subsea robotics, to name but a few. Consequently, it is vital that candidates have a strong interest in and understanding of relevant electronics, thereby enabling them to communicate the highly technical products applied in the maritime industry in general, and the EIVA product portfolio in particular.
You will be joining EIVA’s well-established, international sales network featuring offices in Denmark, Germany, Brazil, the Philippines and the UK.
Responsibilities of the position
In pursuit of increasing of EIVA’s sales presence and product market share in the Asia-Pacific region, you would hold multiple responsibilities:
- Developing market and product plans in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders in EIVA
- Contributing to the growth of EIVA’s Asia-Pacific customer base
- Generating and preparing proposals
- Closing orders
- Supporting local EIVA representatives in their tasks (including product training and closing deals)
- Representing EIVA at exhibitions, conferences and other events
You should expect to travel around 50 days per year. Travels will involve visiting customers, attending exhibitions and other events where EIVA is being represented, as well as visiting your colleagues at EIVA headquarters in Denmark if you’re based abroad.
The ideal candidate…
- Must possess high-calibre, proven technical and/or commercial background in maritime industries relevant to the scope of the position as described above
- Has a successful track record in working across multiple cultures
- Has a commercial focus and growth-oriented mind-set, with a passion for tasks related to the sale and promotion of technical products
- Has the confidence and proactivity to build and maintain good relations with customers
- Enjoys interacting within teams, navigating both an internal network of colleagues and external network of partners and customers
- Possesses strong English and Chinese language skills (both written and spoken)
Joining the EIVA crew
Joining EIVA means becoming part of a company that takes pride in having an informal and open workplace culture, engaged with high-end, innovative technology in an inspiring environment.
At EIVA, because of how highly we value an individual’s sense of personal responsibility and proactivity, it’s possible to make your mark and surprise us if you find undiscovered opportunities.
We value proper balance between work and private life; something reflected by 15th, 20th and even 25th anniversaries being a common enough event among our colleagues.
We offer various benefits, such as a pension scheme and health insurance, a canteen that no one leaves with an empty stomach, and an active social calendar.
Ready to dive in?
If we’ve caught your attention, please send a letter of application and your CV to email@example.com. Please include ‘Asia-Pac area sales manager’ in the subject line of your email.
All applications will be handled with discretion. Interviews will be held immediately, with the successful candidate starting as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Director of Marketing & Sales Anne Juul Andreasen at firstname.lastname@example.org.