NaviSuite processing w/pipe and cable inspection
- Conducted by:
- Product no :
- Underwater inspections and surveys
- ROV steering
- UXO surveys
- Hydrography and geophysics
- USV- and vessel-based hydrographic inspections
- Harbour inspections
- Geophysical surveys
- Maritime constructions
- Jack-up operations
- Ocean science and archeology
- Environmental studies
- Navigation aid
10-12 Oct 2022 Houston, Texas, USA
Venue, Language & Price
The course will be conducted in English and held in OARS' offices in Houston:
16225 Park Ten Pl #660
Houston, TX 77084, USA.
The price per day is $300. Please contact instructor Kevin Tomanka for further details and information of how to sign up.
Attendance at the NaviSuite blended learning training courses presupposes that participants have passed the relevant EIVA eLearning modules prior to the start of the course.
eLearning modules to be passed with a score of 80% in the individual module quizzes prior to attending the classroom training:
- NaviEdit 8.5 Essentials
- NaviModel 4.0 Essentials (Part 1)
- NaviModel 4.0 Essentials (Part 2)
- NaviModel 4.0 Patch Test Essentials
- NaviModel 4.2 Nardoa Pipeline Inspection Advanced
Access to EIVA eLearning will be provided for 30 days free of charge to allow the participant to prepare for the course. Additional access in 12 months can be purchased at the reduced price of €95.
Day 1: NaviEdit
Day 2-3 NaviModel with pipeline/cable inspection
The blended learning course is structured around a general curriculum to give the training course participants a broad understanding of the EIVA NaviSuite processing and reporting software solutions, and to make them confident in carrying out data processing in general as well as post-processing of pipeline and cable inspection data.
The training consists of case-based training sessions, in which an instructor will guide the participants through a series of hands-on training scenarios based primarily on the information acquired from the eLearning modules and combined with a short introduction to each main topic by the instructor.
During the course, participants are guided through how to:
- Install the relevant NaviSuite software packages
- Conduct editing of multi-beam and single beam echo sounder data in a NaviEdit/NaviModel environment
- Integration of pipe/cable tracker data
- Kalman filtering of USBL data and integration of INS
- Use the EC-3D automatic cleaning tool
- Use the various DTM tools in NaviModel
- Conduct volume and area calculations in NaviModel
- Use video integration in NaviModel
- Use the pipeline inspection tools in NaviModel
- Use eventing in NaviModel
- Export data from NaviModel using user-configurable as well as built-in tools
The course is aimed towards surveyors who have some experience with offshore survey work and basic knowledge of post-processing.
The duration of the classroom training is three days, from 9.00 – 16.00, including breaks.
An EIVA NaviSuite training certificate is issued to each trainee upon completion of the course.
Access to NaviSuite
EIVA NaviSuite can be downloaded from our website for preparation purposes and can partially run in demo/simulation mode. Activation codes for full access and activation of the relevant NaviSuite software is provided for 30 days as part of the course.
PCs are provided at OARS' training room as well as snacks and coffee.
For anyone interested in participating in the course by remote, please reach out to Kevin Tomanka for more information.
For Covid19 restrictions, please check the local guidelines at the time of the course.
For further information, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Want to attend free webinars?
Our upcoming webinars showcase solutions such as an autopilot and software for autonomous hydrographic surveys, as well as new automated ROV inspection modes. The ongoing EIVA LIVE webinar series keeps you up to date on our latest software and hardware developments – with the possibility to dive deeper and ask our experts questions.