EIVA is a leading engineering company delivering cutting-edge solutions to the international maritime industries. We develop and provide equipment, software and various services to customers specialising in ocean sciences, offshore wind, oil and gas, and construction, to name just a few fields we’re active in.
To keep pace with growing demand for EIVA solutions around the world, we are upgrading our sales team with a student assistant or two. This dynamic student position will involve an exciting mix of supporting EIVA’s global sales activities, alongside handling of customer orders within the sales team.
The role as student assistant offers a unique opportunity to learn the ropes of a sales team operating at the cutting edge of the maritime industries. You can expect to engage with customers from across the globe to help increase EIVA’s market presence, and you will also collaborate with EIVA’s marketing and training teams. You will not only develop skills in sales and customer relations, you can also make your mark on EIVA by contributing in meaningful ways to our ambitions and growth.
We are very flexible with respect to your work hours, which can vary week to week depending on your studies – we anticipate an average of around 15 hours a week. You will be working out of EIVA headquarters in Stilling (just one minute away from E45, 15 minutes from Aarhus by car and easy to reach by bus).
Responsibilities of the position
- Assisting with proposals and closing orders (featuring both hardware and software products)
- Engaging with new and existing customers
- Ad-hoc support to the sales team and the sales manager
The ideal candidate…
- Is enrolled in a relevant education, such as Global Business Engineering or similar, which combines training in business and technology
- Has a commercial focus and growth-oriented mindset, with a passion for tasks related to sale and promotion of technical products
- Is a fast, proactive learner who enjoys going into technical details of technologies
- Has the confidence to build and maintain good relations and enjoys interacting within teams, navigating both an internal network of colleagues and external network of partners and customers
- Takes pride in delivering high quality work and adopts a positive approach to responsibilities
- Possesses strong English language skills (both written and spoken)
Please don’t be afraid to apply – even if you know nothing about maritime industries!
Knowledge of products for the maritime surveying and construction industries would be most welcome but is not a requirement. We know that we operate in a niche area, so if you’re new to the maritime world, we’ll be sure to equip you with all necessary introductions to our activities and solutions before you dive into the EIVA waters.
Joining the EIVA crew
Joining EIVA means becoming part of a company that takes pride in having an informal and open workplace culture, engaged with high-end, innovative technology in an inspiring environment. At EIVA, because of how highly we value an individual’s sense of personal responsibility and proactivity, it’s possible to make your mark and surprise us if you find undiscovered opportunities.
Our workplace is constantly growing, with plenty of exciting projects in the works – this means that we will consider offering a full-time position after graduation, if a student helper turns out to be the right match. It has happened before!
We value proper balance between work and private life; something reflected by 15th, 20th and even 25th anniversaries being a common enough event among our colleagues.
We offer various benefits, such a canteen that no one leaves with an empty stomach, and an active social calendar.
Ready to dive in?
If we’ve caught your attention, please send a letter of application and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Sales student assistant’ in the subject line of your email.
All applications will be handled with discretion.
Interviews will be held immediately, with the new crew member starting as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact VP Marketing and Sales Anne Juul Andreasen at email@example.com.