Software training courses
Teaching you the ropes through classroom courses and blended learning
EIVA offers a variety of software training courses designed to enhance maritime professionals' understanding of NaviSuite, and improve their competences with the various tools and features of the range of NaviSuite products.
Software courses are delivered by expert instructors and are run according to a fixed schedule/calendar (detailed below), with events taking place at various locations around the world, including EIVA headquarters in Denmark.
Alongside fixed training courses, we also offer the opportunity to arrange customised training courses tailored to your business needs. With these, it's possible to build a course entirely around your requirements, allowing for selection of specific course contents, duration, time and location.
Any other requirements you have, we will be more than happy to hear about and work towards accommodating. If you are interested in this option, please get in touch.
NaviSuite NaviPac Navigation and Acquisition Blended Training (virtual training)
- Conducted by:
- Product no:
- Underwater inspections and surveys
- ROV steering
- UXO surveys
- Hydrography and geophysics
- Shallow water mapping
- Harbour inspections
- Geophysical surveys
- Maritime constructions
- Jack-up operations
- Ocean science and archeology
- Navigation aid
12-15 Oct 2020 Brazil
- NaviPac 4.0 Configuration Essentials
- NaviPac 4.1 Helmsman’s Display Essentials
- NaviPac 4.2 Helmsman’s Display Runlines and Waypoint Essentials
- NaviPac 3.9 LogData Essentials
- NaviPac 3.9 DataMon Essentials
- NaviScan 9.0 Essentials
- NaviEdit 8.5 Essentials
- NaviModel 4.0 Patch Test Essentials
Day 1 - 3: NaviPac
Day 4: NaviScan and patch test calibration in NaviModel
The blended learning course is structured around a general curriculum to give course participants a broad understanding of the EIVA NaviSuite Navigation and acquisition software solutions and make them confident in using them in operation.
The training consists of case-based training sessions, in which an instructor will guide the participants through a series of hands-on training scenarios based primarily on the information acquired from the eLearning modules combined with a short introduction to each main topic by the instructor.
During the course, participants are guided through how to:
- Install the relevant NaviSuite software solutions
- Configure NaviPac and NaviScan
- Run various programs for different tasks (calibration, documentation, data quality control)
- Log survey data for different tasks and in different formats
- Configure and use the Helmsman’s Display
- Create and manipulate waypoints, lines and runlines
- Use different map background formats such as geotifs, shapes and other CAD files
- Control the logging process from the Helmsman’s Display
- Configure and use different view layouts using graphs, data views and range bearing views
- Utilise the reporting and eventing features of NaviPac
- Utilise Camera Manager for video interface in Helmsman’s Display
- Import multibeam data into NaviEdit
- Conduct patch test calibration in NaviModel
The course is aimed towards Online Surveyors and NaviPac operators with basic navigation survey knowledge who wish to be able to configure NaviPac and NaviScan in preparation for multiple types of survey jobs including multibeam surveys.
A minimum score of 80% in all the required EIVA eLearning modules is requested. The training course is conducted in Portuguese. (Or in English, if the whole group speaks English).
The duration of the course is 4 days, from 1 pm to 5 pm (total of 16 hours), including 10 min break.
Access to EIVA eLearning will be provided for 30 days period as a complement to the blended learning system. After that, access to EIVA eLearning can be purchased for 12 months full access at the price of €95.
Please choose payment via credit card and not invoice, when signing up for the course via the webshop.
An EIVA NaviSuite Training Certificate is issued to each trainee upon completion of the course.
- OS Windows 7 at least (no MAC or Linux, windows emulator does not work properly), 4GB RAM, 20GB disk space, Graphics board 1GB RAM (not shared) and administrative rights.
- one mouse: some tasks need scroll wheel (let’s not struggle with touchpad from laptop)
- 2 screen monitors: one to view the training class and another one to perform the tasks.