Software training courses
Teaching you the ropes through classroom courses and blended learning
EIVA offers a variety of software training courses designed to enhance maritime professionals' understanding of NaviSuite, and improve their competences with the various tools and features of the range of NaviSuite products.
Software courses are delivered by expert instructors and are run according to a fixed schedule/calendar (detailed below), with events taking place at various locations around the world, including EIVA headquarters in Denmark.
Alongside fixed training courses, we also offer the opportunity to arrange customised training courses tailored to your business needs. With these, it's possible to build a course entirely around your requirements, allowing for selection of specific course contents, duration, time and location.
Any other requirements you have, we will be more than happy to hear about and work towards accommodating. If you are interested in this option, please get in touch.
NaviSuite NaviPac Configuration and Operation Blended Training (virtual training)
- Conducted by:
- Product no:
- Underwater inspections and surveys
- ROV steering
- UXO surveys
- Hydrography and geophysics
- Shallow water mapping
- Harbour inspections
- Geophysical surveys
- Maritime constructions
- Jack-up operations
- Ocean science and archeology
- Navigation aid
28 Sep – 1 Oct 2020 Brazil
The course will be held remotely using Microsoft Teams.
Attendance at the NaviSuite blended learning training courses presupposes that participants have passed the relevant EIVA eLearning modules prior to the start of the course. The training course will be conducted in Brazilian Portuguese.
eLearning modules to be passed prior to attending the classroom training:
- NaviPac 4.0 Configuration Essentials
- NaviPac 4.1 Helmsman’s Display Essentials
- NaviPac 4.2 Helmsman’s Display Runlines and Waypoints Essentials
- NaviPac 3.9 LogData Essentials
- NaviPac 3.9 DataMon Essentials
The course is structured around a general curriculum to give the trainees a broad understanding of the EIVA NaviPac software solution and make them confident in mobilizing and using it.
To enhance trainee competence and confidence, typical construction support and acquisition scenarios are used as examples throughout the course combined with hands-on training, thus taking advantage of the comprehensive simulation functionalities that have been implemented into the NaviPac software solution.
During the course, trainees are guided through how to:
- Install the NaviPac software solution
- Understand the architecture of NaviPac including folders and files structure
- Utilise the NaviPac database definition during the vessel mobilisation
- Perform advanced configuration setup with instrumentation, geodesy, objects, etc
- Run various programs for different tasks (check instruments inputs, calibration, documentation, data quality control)
- Perform surface and under-water positioning
- Log survey data for different tasks and in different formats
- Start, configure and use the Helmsman’s Display
- Create and manipulate waypoints, lines and runlines
- Use different map background formats such as geotifs, shapes and other CAD files
- Control the logging process from the Helmsman’s Display
- Configure and use different view layouts using graphs, data views and range bearing views
- Utilise the reporting and eventing features of NaviPac
- Utilise Camera Manager for video interface in Helmsman’s Display
The course is an entry level blended training for people who would like to start as Online Surveyors and NaviPac operators, who wish to be able to configure NaviPac in preparation for survey jobs.
Experienced surveyors are also welcome as to review and reassure their knowledge and possibly experience learning new tools.
A minimum score of 80% in all the required EIVA eLearning modules is requested. The training course is conducted in Portuguese. (Or in English, if the whole group speaks English).
The duration of the course is 4 days, from 1 pm to 5 pm (total of 16 hours), including 10 min break.
An EIVA NaviSuite Training Certificate is issued to each trainee upon completion of the course.
Access to EIVA eLearning will be provided for 30 days period as a complement to the blended learning system. After that, access to EIVA eLearning can be purchased for 12 months full access at the price of €95.
Please choose payment via credit card and not invoice, when signing up for the course via the webshop.
The licence for the software will be provided for the duration of the training period.
It is mandatory to have at least:
- OS Windows 7 at least (no MAC or Linux, windows emulator does not work properly), 4GB RAM, 20GB disk space, Graphics board 1GB RAM (not shared) and administrative rights.
- one mouse: some tasks need scroll wheel (let’s not struggle with touchpad from laptop)
- 2 screen monitors: one to view the training class and another one to perform the tasks.
EIVA NaviSuite can be downloaded from our website for preparation purposes and can partially run in demo/simulation mode.
For further information, please do not hesitate to reach out.