Teaching you the ropes through classroom courses and blended learning
EIVA offers a variety of software training courses designed to enhance maritime professionals' understanding of NaviSuite, and improve their competences with the various tools and features of the range of NaviSuite products.
Software courses are delivered by expert instructors and are run according to a fixed schedule/calendar (detailed below), with events taking place at various locations around the world, including EIVA headquarters in Denmark.
Alongside fixed training courses, we also offer the opportunity to arrange customised training courses tailored to your business needs. With these, it's possible to build a course entirely around your requirements, allowing for selection of specific course contents, duration, time and location.
Any other requirements you have, we will be more than happy to hear about and work towards accommodating. If you are interested in this option, please get in touch.
NaviSuite navigation and data acquisition
- Conducted by:
- Product no:
- Underwater inspections and surveys
- Hydrography and geophysics
- Shallow water mapping
- Harbour inspections
- Geophysical surveys
- Maritime constructions
- Ocean science and archeology
15-19 Apr 2019 Houston, USA
16225 Park Ten Place, Suite 660
Houston, TX 77084
Contact Kevin Tomanka for futher details. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Day 1 - 3: NaviPac
Day 4: NaviScan
Day 5: Patch testing in NaviEdit/NaviModel
The course is structured around a general curriculum to give the trainees a broad understanding of the EIVA NaviSuite navigation and acquisition software solutions and make them confident in using them during navigation and data acquisition operations. To enhance trainee competence and confidence, typical construction support and acquisition scenarios are used as examples throughout the training course. The majority of the course subjects are supplemented by hands-on training, thus taking advantage of the comprehensive simulation functionalities that have been implemented into the software solutions.
During the course, trainees are guided through how to:
- Install the relevant NaviSuite software solutions
- Understand the basic architecture of the relevant NaviSuite solutions
- Configure NaviPac and NaviScan with common instruments, geodesy, objects, etc
- Run various programs for different tasks (calibration, documentation, data quality control)
- Log survey data for different tasks and in different formats
- Start, configure and use the Helmsman’s Display
- Create and manipulate waypoints and runlines
- Use different map background formats
- Control the logging process from the Helmsman’s Display
- Start and configure the Online 3D utility
- Conduct simple editing of multi-beam echo sounder data in a NaviEdit/NaviModel environment
- Conduct patch test calibration in NaviModel/NaviEdit
The course is aimed towards surveyors who have some experience with offshore survey work and a basic knowledge of hydrographic surveying.
No prior knowledge of the EIVA NaviSuite software is required.
The duration of the course is five days, from 9 am to 4 pm, including breaks.
An EIVA NaviSuite training certificate is issued to each trainee upon completion of the course.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Kevin Tomanka: email@example.com.