Software training courses
Teaching you the ropes through virtual training, classroom courses and blended learning
EIVA offers a variety of software training courses designed to enhance maritime professionals' understanding of NaviSuite, as well as improve their competences with the various tools and features of the range of NaviSuite products.
Software courses are delivered by expert instructors and are run according to a fixed schedule/calendar (detailed below), with training courses being conducted on a virtual platform, as well as at various locations around the world, including EIVA headquarters in Denmark.
Alongside fixed training courses, we also offer the opportunity to arrange customised training courses tailored to your business needs. These courses can be run both virtually and with an instructor physically at hand, depending on your requirements and the given possibilities. It is thus possible to build a course entirely around your requirements, allowing for selection of specific course contents, duration, time and location.
Any other requirements you have, we will be more than happy to hear about and work towards accommodating. If you are interested in this option, please get in touch.
NaviSuite navigation, acquisition and processing
- Conducted by:
- Product no :
- Underwater inspections and surveys
- ROV steering
- UXO surveys
- Hydrography and geophysics
- Shallow water mapping
- Harbour inspections
- Geophysical surveys
- Maritime constructions
- Jack-up operations
- Ocean science and archeology
- Navigation aid
12-16 Apr 2021 Virtual training
The course will be held virtually, via Microsoft Teams.
Attendance at the NaviSuite learning training courses presupposes that participants have passed the relevant EIVA eLearning modules prior to the start of the course.
eLearning modules to be passed prior to attending the classroom training:
- Basic Geodesy Essential (unless well versed in the concept already)
- NaviPac 4.0 Configuration Essentials
- NaviPac 4.1 Helmsman’s Display Essentials
- NaviPac 4.2 Helmsman’s Display Runlines and Waypoint Essentials
- NaviPac 4.2 Helmsman's Display Sonar data and Remotes Essentials
- NaviPac 3.9 LogData Essentials
- NaviPac 3.9 DataMon Essentials
- NaviPac USBL calibration
- NaviScan 9.0 Essentials
- NaviEdit 8.5 Essentials
- NaviModel 4.0 Patch Test Essentials
- NaviModel 4.0 Essentials (Part 1)
- NaviModel 4.0 Essentials (Part 2)
Day 1-3: NaviPac/NaviScan
Day 3-5: NaviEdit/NaviModel incl. patch test calibration and EC-3D sonar data cleaning
The virtual course is structured around a general curriculum to give the training course participants a broad understanding of the EIVA NaviSuite processing and reporting software solutions, and to make them confident in carrying out data processing in general as well as post-processing of pipeline and cable inspection data
The training consists of case-based training sessions, in which an instructor will guide the participants through a series of hands-on training scenarios based primarily on the knowledge acquired from the eLearning modules and combined with a short introduction to each main topic by the instructor
During the course, participants are guided through how to:
- Install the relevant NaviSuite software packages
- Configure NaviPac/NaviScan with common instruments, geodesy, objects, etc
- Run various programs for different tasks (calibration, documentation, data quality control)
- Log survey data for different tasks and in different formats
- Perform USBL calibration
- Start, configure and use the Helmsman’s Display program
- Conduct editing (including cleaning in EC-3D) of multi-beam, laser and sensor data in a NaviEdit/NaviModel environment
- Work with point clouds
- Use the various DTM (including volume and area calculations) as well as other tools in NaviModel
- Conduct volume and area calculations in NaviModel
- Use video integration in NaviModel
- Use eventing in NaviModel
- Export data from NaviModel via user configurable as well as built-in tools
The course is aimed towards surveyors who have some experience with offshore survey work and a basic knowledge of hydrographic surveying
A minimum score of 80% in all the required EIVA eLearning modules prior to the start of the course is recommended, so the participants has a good basic understanding of the topics covered. Both eLearning and the following training course is conducted in English
The duration of the classroom training is five days with training of the group taking place from 9.00 – 13.00 CET. At the end of the training session, the instructor will give the trainees relevant assignments to complete during the afternoon and for review the following day. From 13.30 – 16.00 CET, the instructor will be available for catch-up, assistance and questions from the individual participant.
An EIVA NaviSuite training certificate is issued to each trainee upon completion of the course
Access to EIVA eLearning will be provided for 90 days free of charge to allow the participant to prepare for the course. Additional access in 12 months can be purchased at the reduced price of €95.
Access to NaviSuite
EIVA NaviSuite can be downloaded from our website for preparation purposes and can partially run in demo/simulation mode. Activation codes for full access and activation of the NaviSuite software bundle Nardoa is provided for 30 days as part of the course.
The participant must have a stable internet connection to run Microsoft Teams smoothly
- PC specifications:
- OS Windows 10
- 4GB Ram
- 20 GB disk space
- Graphics board 1GB Ram (not shared)
- The user must have administrative rights over the PC
- Other requirements:
- A mouse with scroll function
- A headset
- 2 x monitors (one to view the training and one to perform the tasks)
Securing your seat
There is room for up to 8 participants at our virtual training courses and your seat is secured once we have received your payment. We only accept orders that are paid by credit card in our webshop.
For further information, please do not hesitate to reach out