Teaching you the ropes through classroom courses and blended learning
EIVA offers a variety of software training courses designed to enhance maritime professionals' understanding of NaviSuite, and improve their competences with the various tools and features of the range of NaviSuite products.
Software courses are delivered by expert instructors and are run according to a fixed schedule/calendar (detailed below), with events taking place at various locations around the world, including EIVA headquarters in Denmark.
Alongside fixed training courses, we also offer the opportunity to arrange customised training courses tailored to your business needs. With these, it's possible to build a course entirely around your requirements, allowing for selection of specific course contents, duration, time and location.
Any other requirements you have, we will be more than happy to hear about and work towards accommodating. If you are interested in this option, please get in touch.
EIVA's fully equipped training center at our HQ: Niels Bohrs Vej 17, 8660 Skanderborg, Denmark
Day 1: NaviEdit Pro
Day 2 - 4: NaviPlot/NaviModel Producer
Day 5: NaviEdit/NaviModel with focus on pipeline and cable inspection
The course is structured around a general curriculum to give the trainees a broad understanding of the EIVA NaviSuite processing and reporting software solutions and make them confident in carrying out data processing in general as well as post-processing of pipeline and cable inspection data. To enhance trainee competence and confidence, a wide range of typical pipeline-based hydrographic survey data sets, acquired using the EIVA NaviSuite navigation and acquisition software solutions, is used to exemplify post-processing scenarios of typical pipeline inspection data. The majority of the course subjects are supplemented by hands-on training.
During the course, trainees are guided through how to:
- Install the relevant NaviSuite software solutions
- Understand the basic architecture of NaviEdit, NaviModel and NaviPlot
- Conduct editing of multi-beam and single beam echo sounder data in a NaviEdit/NaviModel environment
- Conduct patch test calibration in NaviModel/NaviEdit
- Use the EC-3D automatic cleaning tool
- Use the various DTM tools in NaviModel
- Conduct volume and area calculations in NaviModel
- Use video integration in NaviModel
- Use the pipeline inspection tools in NaviModel
- Use eventing in NaviModel
- Export data from NaviModel using user-configurable as well as built-in tools
- Create simple plots in NaviPlot
- Create alignment sheets in NaviPlot using the Chart Layout Manager
The course is aimed towards surveyors who have some experience with offshore survey work and basic knowledge of post-processing.
No prior knowledge of the EIVA NaviSuite software is required.
The duration of the course is five days, from 9 am to 4 pm, including breaks.
An EIVA NaviSuite training certificate is issued to each trainee upon completion of the course.
For further information, please do not hesitate to reach out.