Teaching you the ropes through classroom courses and blended learning
EIVA offers a variety of software training courses designed to enhance maritime professionals' understanding of NaviSuite, and improve their competences with the various tools and features of the range of NaviSuite products.
Software courses are delivered by expert instructors and are run according to a fixed schedule/calendar (detailed below), with events taking place at various locations around the world, including EIVA headquarters in Denmark.
Alongside fixed training courses, we also offer the opportunity to arrange customised training courses tailored to your business needs. With these, it's possible to build a course entirely around your requirements, allowing for selection of specific course contents, duration, time and location.
Any other requirements you have, we will be more than happy to hear about and work towards accommodating. If you are interested in this option, please get in touch.
EIVA's fully equipped training center at our HQ: Niels Bohrs Vej 17, 8660 Skanderborg, Denmark
Attendance at the NaviSuite blended learning training courses presupposes that participants have passed the relevant EIVA eLearning modules prior to the start of the course.
eLearning modules to be passed prior to attending the classroom training:
- NaviPac 4.0 Configuration Essentials
- NaviPac 4.1 Helmsman’s Display Essentials
- NaviPac 4.2 Helmsman’s Display Runlines and Waypoint Essentials
- NaviPac 3.9 LogData Essentials
- NaviPac 3.9 DataMon Essentials
- NaviScan 9.0 Essentials
- NaviEdit 8.0 Essentials
- NaviModel 4.0 Patch Test Essentials
- NaviModel 4.0 Essentials (Part 1)
- NaviModel 4.0 Essentials (Part 2)
Day 1: NaviPac
Day 2: NaviPac/NaviScan,
Day 3: NaviEdit/NaviModel including patch test calibration
Day 4: NaviModel/NaviPlot
The blended learning course is structured around a general curriculum to give the participants at the course a broad understanding of the EIVA NaviSuite Kuda software for multi-beam echo sounder systems
The training consists of case-based training sessions, in which an instructor will guide the participants through a series of hands-on training scenarios based primarily on the information acquired from the eLearning modules and combined with a short introduction to each main topic by the instructor
During the course, participants are guided through how to:
- Install the relevant NaviSuite software packages
- Configure NaviPac/NaviScan with common instruments, geodesy, objects, etc
- Run various programs for different tasks (calibration, documentation, data quality control)
- Log survey data for different tasks and in different formats
- Start, configure and use the Helmsman’s Display program and the Online 3D utility
- Conduct editing (including cleaning) of multi-beam, laser and sensor data in a NaviEdit/NaviModel environment
- Work with point clouds
- Use the various DTM (including volume and area calculations) as well as other tools in NaviModel
- Create simple contour and bathymetry plots in NaviPlot
The course is aimed towards surveyors who have some experience with offshore survey work and a basic knowledge of hydrographic surveying
A minimum score of 80% in all the required EIVA eLearning modules. Both eLearning and the following classroom training course is conducted in English
The duration of the classroom training is four days, from 9 am to 4 pm, including breaks. Lunch, beverages and coffee/tea are included in the fee
An EIVA NaviSuite training certificate is issued to each trainee upon completion of the course
Access to EIVA eLearning can be purchased for 12 months full access at the price of €195.
Lunch, snacks and refreshments are provided.
EIVA NaviSuite can be downloaded from our website for preparation purposes and can partially run in demo/simulation mode.
Please note that EIVA NaviSuite is designed to run on the Microsoft Windows OS only.
Travel and accommodation is not included in the course fee. Please do not book travel and accommodation until your seat at the course has been confirmed by an EIVA employee.
For further information, please do not hesitate to reach out.