Teaching you the ropes through classroom courses and blended learning
EIVA offers a variety of software training courses designed to enhance maritime professionals' understanding of NaviSuite, and improve their competences with the various tools and features of the range of NaviSuite products.
Software courses are delivered by expert instructors and are run according to a fixed schedule/calendar (detailed below), with events taking place at various locations around the world, including EIVA headquarters in Denmark.
Alongside fixed training courses, we also offer the opportunity to arrange customised training courses tailored to your business needs. With these, it's possible to build a course entirely around your requirements, allowing for selection of specific course contents, duration, time and location.
Any other requirements you have, we will be more than happy to hear about and work towards accommodating. If you are interested in this option, please get in touch.
NaviPac Pro & NaviScan Key Features
- Conducted by:
- Product no:
- Underwater inspections and surveys
- ROV steering
- UXO surveys
- Hydrography and geophysics
- Shallow water mapping
- Harbour inspections
- Geophysical surveys
- Maritime constructions
- Jack-up operations
- Ocean science and archeology
- Navigation aid
13-16 Aug 2019 Skanderborg, Denmark
EIVA's fully equipped training center at our HQ: Niels Bohrs Vej 17, 8660 Skanderborg, Denmark
Day 1 - 3: NaviPac
Day 4: NaviScan
The course is structured around a general curriculum to give the trainees a broad understanding of the usage of NaviPac Pro and NaviScan and to make confident in installing, mobilizing and the general usage.
To enhance trainee competence and confidence, typical construction support and acquisition scenarios are used as examples throughout the course combined with hands-on training, thus taking advantage of the comprehensive simulation functionalities that have been implemented into the NaviSuite software.
During the course, trainees are guided through how to:
- Install the relevant NaviSuite software
- Understand the architecture of NaviPac and NaviScan
- Utilise the NaviPac database definition during the vessel mobilisation
- Perform advanced configuration setup with instrumentation, geodesy, objects, etc
- Run various programs for different tasks (calibration, documentation, data quality control)
- Perform surface and under-water positioning
- Log survey data for different tasks and in different formats
- Start, configure and use the Helmsman’s Display
- Create and manipulate waypoints and runlines
- Use different map background formats
- Control the logging process from the Helmsman’s Display
- Utilise the reporting and eventing features of NaviPac
- Perform NaviPac troubleshooting and alarm handling
- Configure NaviScan for MBE and SideScan surveys
- Sensor fusion between NaviPac and NaviScan
- Perform survey operations with NaviScan
- Perform NaviScan troubleshooting and alarm handling
- Data preview in NaviModel for quick QC
The course is aimed towards survey operators with basic navigation survey knowledge, who wish to be able to configure and operate NaviPac Pro and NaviScan.
No prior knowledge of the EIVA NaviSuite software solutions is required. As the EIVA NaviSuite software solutions operate in Windows Pro, trainees must have a solid knowledge of Windows, Windows configuration, TCP/IP and network as well as a basic understanding of Geodesy/GIS and instrument implementation. Some experience with survey operations or IT administration is an advantage. The training course is conducted in English.
The duration of the course is four days, from 9 am to 4 pm, including breaks.
An EIVA NaviSuite training certificate is issued to each trainee upon completion of the course.
Snacks and refreshments are provided.
EIVA NaviSuite can be downloaded from our website for preparation purposes and can partially run in demo/simulation mode.
Please note that EIVA NaviSuite is designed to run on the Microsoft Windows OS only.
For further information, please do not hesitate to reach out.