Teaching you the ropes through classroom courses and blended learning
EIVA offers a variety of software training courses designed to enhance maritime professionals' understanding of NaviSuite, and improve their competences with the various tools and features of the range of NaviSuite products.
Software courses are delivered by expert instructors and are run according to a fixed schedule/calendar (detailed below), with events taking place at various locations around the world, including EIVA headquarters in Denmark.
Alongside fixed training courses, we also offer the opportunity to arrange customised training courses tailored to your business needs. With these, it's possible to build a course entirely around your requirements, allowing for selection of specific course contents, duration, time and location.
Any other requirements you have, we will be more than happy to hear about and work towards accommodating. If you are interested in this option, please get in touch.
NaviPac 4 Configuration and Operation
- Conducted by:
- Product no:
- Underwater inspections and surveys
- ROV steering
- UXO surveys
- Hydrography and geophysics
- Shallow water mapping
- Harbour inspections
- Geophysical surveys
- Maritime constructions
- Jack-up operations
- Ocean science and archeology
- Navigation aid
16-18 Sep 2019 Brazil, RJ
Av. Rio Branco, 89
Centro, Rio de Janeiro
RJ, 20040-004, Brazil
(The room is inside the EIC Rio de Janeiro Energy Industries Council)
Day 1 - 3: NaviPac
The course is structured around a general curriculum to give the trainees a broad understanding of the EIVA NaviSuite navigation and acquisition software solutions and make them confident in using them during navigation and data acquisition operations. To enhance trainee competence and confidence, typical construction support and acquisition scenarios are used as examples throughout the training course. The majority of the course subjects are supplemented by hands-on training, thus taking advantage of the comprehensive simulation functionalities that have been implemented into the software solutions.
During the course, trainees are guided through how to:
- Install the NaviPac software solution
- Understand the architecture of NaviPac
- Utilise the NPConfig database definition during the vessel mobilisation
- Perform advanced configuration setup with instrumentation, geodesy, objects, etc
- Run various programs for different tasks (calibration, documentation, data quality control)
- Perform surface and under-water positioning
- Log survey data for different tasks and in different formats
- Use NaviPac time tagging and the EIVA ATTU time-tagging unit
- Utilise the NaviPac Project Manager for backup and restore
- Start, configure and use the Helmsman’s Display
- Create and manipulate waypoints and runlines
- Use different map background formats
- Control the logging process from the Helmsman’s Display
- Utilise the reporting and eventing features of NaviPac
- Perform NaviPac troubleshooting and alarm handling
The course is aimed towards surveyors who have some experience with offshore survey work and a basic knowledge of hydrographic surveying.
No prior knowledge of the EIVA NaviSuite software is required.
The duration of the course is three days, from 9 am to 4 pm, including breaks.
An EIVA NaviSuite training certificate is issued to each trainee upon completion of the course.
Snacks and refreshments are provided.
EIVA NaviSuite can be downloaded from our website for preparation purposes and can partially run in demo/simulation mode.
Please note that EIVA NaviSuite is designed to run on the Microsoft Windows OS only.
For further information and reservation of seats, please do not hesitate to contact Maria Antônia Ribeiro.