Teaching you the ropes through classroom courses and blended learning
EIVA offers a variety of software training courses designed to enhance maritime professionals' understanding of NaviSuite, and improve their competences with the various tools and features of the range of NaviSuite products.
Software courses are delivered by expert instructors and are run according to a fixed schedule/calendar (detailed below), with events taking place at various locations around the world, including EIVA headquarters in Denmark.
Alongside fixed training courses, we also offer the opportunity to arrange customised training courses tailored to your business needs. With these, it's possible to build a course entirely around your requirements, allowing for selection of specific course contents, duration, time and location.
Any other requirements you have, we will be more than happy to hear about and work towards accommodating. If you are interested in this option, please get in touch.
16225 Park Ten Place, Suite 660
Houston, TX 77084
Attendance at the NaviPac 3.X to NaviPac 4.X NaviSuite training courses presupposes that participants either have a profound documented knowledge of and experience with NaviPac or have passed the following EIVA eLearning modules prior to the start of the course with a minimum score of 80% in all modules:
- NaviPac 4.0 Configuration Essentials
- NaviPac 4.1 Helmsman’s Display Essentials
- NaviPac 3.9 LogData Essentials
- NaviPac 3.9 DataMon Essentials
- NaviPac 3.10 USBL Calibration Essentials
Day 1 - 2: NaviPac 4 Pro
The course is structured around a general curriculum to give the trainees a broad understanding of the EIVA NaviPac software solution and make them confident in mobilizing and using it.
To enhance trainee competence and confidence, typical construction support and acquisition scenarios are used as examples throughout the course combined with hands-on training, thus taking advantage of the comprehensive simulation functionalities that have been implemented into the NaviPac software solution
During the course, participants are guided through how to:
- Install the NaviPac 4 Pro software
- Understand the new structure of NaviPac Pro 4
- Configure NaviPac Pro 4
- The new NaviPac Pro 4 software
- Apply the user interface principles
- Apply the NaviPac Pro 4 project
- Define vehicles (objects)
- Define instruments
- Apply geodesy settings
- Use multiple projects
- Go online
- Introduction to NaviScan configuration in NaviPac
- Use and understand the NaviPac Pro 4 online modules
- HMD 4 (Helmsman’s Display)
- Apply the user interface principles
- Apply layout and templates
- Apply background maps
- Apply runlines and waypoints
- Apply vehicle control
- Use of range/bearing views
- Use data views and live data
- Apply live point clouds
- Use the connection to NaviScan
- Incl. point clouds and DTM
- Apply server data
- Apply a croos profile
- Apply remotes
- Introduction to online eventing and live video
The course is aimed towards surveyors or other NaviPac users with an extended, profound knowledge of and experience with NaviPac Pro who would like to learn how to work apply their existing knowledge to NaviPac 4.X.
A minimum score of 80% in all the required EIVA eLearning modules or similar documentable knowledge. Both eLearning and the following classroom training course is conducted in English.
The duration of the classroom training is two days, from 9 am to 4 pm, including breaks. Lunch, beverages and coffee/tea are included in the fee.
An EIVA NaviSuite training certificate is issued to each trainee upon completion of the course.
Access to EIVA eLearning can be purchased for 12 months full access at the price of € 195.
For further information, please do not hesitate to reach out.