The focus of the NaviModel 4.0 Patch Test Essentials eLearning module is to teach the user how to calibrate a multi-beam echo sounder using NaviModel Patch Test.
The module covers the following topics:
- The purpose of a patch test calibration
- Patch test planning of survey lines and sequences in processing
- Patch testing in NaviModel, (excl the preparation of the data (in NaviEdit), as well as the cleaning conducted in NaviModel (S-CAN/EC-3D)).
- The principles of data collection and post-processing (sequence, calculation method, iterations, etc) and patch test calibration with single head as well as dual head spreads
- The module ends with a quiz.
Upon completion of the module, the user will be capable of defining a survey plan for the acquisition of the patch test data (both for single head and for dual head scenarios), and conduct a patch test calibration (single head and dual head). The user will furthermore be able to evaluate the calibration results and subsequently implement these results in acquisition as well as post-processing scenarios (in NaviEdit, as well as in NaviScan).
Estimated duration: 2.5 hours, including a quiz after which you can print a certificate with your score.
Want to learn more?
- Available modules
- Releases in the coming months
- Modules to come