NaviSuite navigation and data acquisition
- Conducted by:
- Product no:
- Underwater inspections and surveys
- ROV steering
- UXO surveys
- Hydrography and geophysics
- Shallow water mapping
- Harbour inspections
- Geophysical surveys
- Maritime constructions
- Jack-up operations
- Ocean science and archeology
- Navigation aid
24-26 Sep 2019 Skanderborg, Denmark
EIVA's fully equipped training center at our HQ: Niels Bohrs Vej 17, 8660 Skanderborg, Denmark
Attendance at the NaviSuite blended learning training courses presupposes that participants have passed the relevant EIVA eLearning modules prior to the start of the course.
eLearning modules to be passed prior to attending the classroom training:
- NaviPac 4.0 Configuration Essentials
- NaviPac 4.1 Helmsman's Display Essentials
- NaviPac 3.9 LogData Essentials
- NaviPac 3.9 DataMon Essentials
- NaviScan 9.0 Essentials
- NaviModel 4.0 Patch Test Essentials
Day 1 - 2: NaviPac
Day 3: NaviScan and patch test calibration in NaviModel
The blended learning course is structured around a general curriculum to give the participants at the course a broad understanding of the EIVA NaviSuite Kuda software for multi-beam echo sounder systems.
The training consists of case-based training sessions, in which an instructor will guide the participants through a series of hands-on training scenarios based primarily on the information acquired from the eLearning modules and combined with a short introduction to each main topic by the instructor
During the course, participants are guided through how to:
- Install the relevant NaviSuite software packages
- Configure NaviPac and NaviScan
- Run various programs for different tasks (calibration, documentation, data quality control)
- Log survey data for different tasks and in different formats
- Configure and use the Helmsman’s Display
- Create and manipulate waypoints and runlines
- Use different map background formats
- Control the logging process from the Helmsman’s Display
- Conduct patch test calibration in NaviModel
The course is aimed towards surveyors who have some experience with offshore survey work and a basic knowledge of hydrographic surveying.
A minimum score of 80% in all the required EIVA eLearning modules. Both eLearning and the following classroom training course is conducted in English.
The duration of the classroom training is three days, from 9 am to 4 pm, including breaks. Lunch, beverages and coffee/tea are included in the fee.
An EIVA NaviSuite training certificate is issued to each trainee upon completion of the course.
Access to EIVA eLearning can be purchased for 12 months full access at the price of € 195.
Lunch, snacks and refreshments are provided during the training course.
EIVA NaviSuite can be downloaded from our website for preparation purposes and can partially run in demo/simulation mode.
Please note that EIVA NaviSuite is designed to run on the Microsoft Windows OS only.
Travel and accommodation is not included in the course fee. Please do not book travel and accommodation until your seat at the course has been confirmed by an EIVA employee.
For further information, please do not hesitate to reach out.