NaviSuite Basic Operation Course
- Conducted by:
- Product no :
- Underwater inspections and surveys
- ROV steering
- UXO surveys
- Hydrography and geophysics
- USV- and vessel-based hydrographic inspections
- Harbour inspections
- Geophysical surveys
- Maritime constructions
- Jack-up operations
- Ocean science and archeology
- Environmental studies
- Navigation aid
19-20 Jan 2023 Houston, Texas, USA
Venue, Language & Price
The course will be conducted in English and held in OARS' offices in Houston:
16225 Park Ten Pl #660
Houston, TX 77084, USA.
The price per day is $300. Please contact instructor Kevin Tomanka for further details and information of how to sign up.
No prior knowledge of the EIVA NaviSuite software solutions is required.
Day 1-2: NaviPac 4.5
The course is structured around a general curriculum to give the trainees a broad understanding of the EIVA NaviPac software solution and make them confident in using it. The focus of the two-day session is usage, and not configuration, which is covered in a one-day configuration course, which the NaviPac operation course can be combined with.
To enhance trainee competence and confidence, typical construction support and acquisition scenarios are used as examples throughout the course combined with hands-on training, thus taking advantage of the comprehensive simulation functionalities that have been implemented into the NaviPac software solution.
During the course, trainees are guided through how to:
- Install the NaviPac software solution
- Understand the basic architecture of NaviPac
- Perform simple configuration setup with introduction to instrumentation, geodesy and objects
- Run various programs for different tasks (calibration, documentation, data quality control)
- Log survey data for different tasks and in different formats
- Start, configure and use the Helmsman’s Display
- Create and manipulate waypoints and runlines
- Use different map background formats
- Control the logging process from the Helmsman’s Display
- Utilise the reporting and eventing features of NaviPac
- Perform NaviPac troubleshooting and alarm handling
The course is aimed towards operators who have basic navgation knowledge.
No prior knowledge of the EIVA NaviSuite software solutions is required. The training course is conducted in English.
The duration of the classroom training is two days, from 9.00 – 16.00, including breaks.
An EIVA NaviSuite training certificate is issued to each trainee upon completion of the course.
Access to EIVA eLearning will be provided for 30 days free of charge to allow the participant to prepare for the course. Additional access in 12 months can be purchased at the reduced price of €95.
Access to NaviSuite
EIVA NaviSuite can be downloaded from our website for preparation purposes and can partially run in demo/simulation mode. Activation codes for full access and activation of the relevant NaviSuite software is provided for 30 days as part of the course.
PCs are provided at OARS' training room as well as snacks and coffee.
For anyone interested in participating in the course by remote, please reach out to Kevin Tomanka for more information.
For further information, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Want to attend free webinars?
The ongoing EIVA LIVE webinar series keeps you up to date on our latest software and hardware developments – with the possibility to dive deeper and ask our experts questions. Past webinars have showcased solutions such as our autopilot and software for autonomous hydrographic surveys, as well as new automated ROV inspection modes.