NaviSuite Basic Navigation and Acquisition Training Course
- Conducted by:
- Product no :
- Underwater inspections and surveys
- ROV steering
- UXO surveys
- Hydrography and geophysics
- Shallow water mapping
- Harbour inspections
- Geophysical surveys
- Maritime constructions
- Jack-up operations
- Ocean science and archeology
- Environmental studies
- Navigation aid
10-14 Jan 2022 Houston, Texas, USA
Venue & Price
The course will be conducted in English and held in OARS' offices in Houston:
16225 Park Ten Pl #660
Houston, TX 77084, USA.
The price per day is $300. Please contact instructor Kevin Tomanka for further details and information of how to sign up.
No prior knowledge of the EIVA NaviSuite software solutions is required.
Day 1-3: NaviPac 4.5
Day 4: NaviScan 9.5
Day 5: Patch testing in NaviEdit 8.6/NaviModel 4.5
The course is structured around a general curriculum to give the trainees a broad understanding of the EIVA NaviSuite navigation and acquisition software solutions and make
them confident in using them during navigation and data acquisition operations. To enhance trainee competence and confidence, typical construction support and acquisition cenarios are used as examples throughout the training course. The majority of the course subjects are supplemented by hands-on training, thus taking advantage of the comprehensive simulation functionalities that have been implemented into the software solutions.
During the course, trainees are guided through how to:
- Install the relevant NaviSuite software solutions
- Understand the basic architecture of the relevant NaviSuite solutions
- Configure NaviPac and NaviScan with common instruments, geodesy, objects, etc
- Run various programs for different tasks (calibration, documentation, data quality control)
- Log survey data for different tasks and in different formats
- Start, configure and use the Helmsman’s Display
- Create and manipulate waypoints and runlines
- Use different map background formats
- Control the logging process from the Helmsman’s Display
- Start and configure the Online 3D utility
- Conduct simple editing of multi-beam echo sounder data in a NaviEdit/NaviModel environment
- Conduct patch test calibration in NaviModel/NaviEdit
The course is aimed towards surveyors who have some experience with offshore survey work and a basic knowledge of hydrographic surveying.
No prior knowledge of the EIVA NaviSuite software solutions is required. The training course is conducted in English.
The duration of the classroom training is five days, from 9.00 – 16.00, including breaks.
An EIVA NaviSuite training certificate is issued to each trainee upon completion of the course.
Access to EIVA eLearning will be provided for 90 days free of charge to allow the participant to prepare for the course and to continue practicing the newly learned skills afterwards. Additional access in 12 months can be purchased at the reduced price of €95.
Access to NaviSuite
EIVA NaviSuite can be downloaded from our website for preparation purposes and can partially run in demo/simulation mode. Activation codes for full access and activation of the NaviSuite software bundle Nardoa is provided for 30 days as part of the course.
Please find our hardware and software recommendations here.
PCs are provided at OARS' training room as well as snacks and coffee.
For anyone interested in participating in the course by remote, please reach out to Kevin Tomanka for more information.
For Covid19 restrictions, please check the local guidelines at the time of the course.
For further information, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Have you heard of our EIVA LIVE webinar series?
We strive to stay at the forefront of the industry by constantly developing our products according to our customers' needs. This webinar series allow you to be kept up to date on which solutions we have developed lately.