NaviPac 4.5 Rigmove and tug management
- Conducted by:
- Product no :
- Underwater inspections and surveys
- ROV steering
- UXO surveys
- Hydrography and geophysics
- Shallow water mapping
- Harbour inspections
- Geophysical surveys
- Maritime constructions
- Jack-up operations
- Ocean science and archeology
- Navigation aid
20-22 Apr 2021 Virtual training
The course will be held virtually, via Microsoft Teams.
Attendance at the NaviSuite learning training courses presupposes that participants have passed the relevant EIVA eLearning modules prior to the start of the course.
eLearning modules to be passed prior to attending the classroom training:
- Basic Geodesy Essential (unless well versed in the concet already)
- NaviPac 4.0 Configuration Essentials
- NaviPac 4.1 Helmsman’s Display Essentials
- NaviPac 4.2 Helmsman’s Display Runlines and Waypoint Essentials
- NaviPac 4.2 Helmsman's Display Sonar data and Remotes Essentials
- NaviPac 3.9 LogData Essentials
- NaviPac 3.9 DataMon Essentials
Day 1-3: NaviPac 4 and the rig move and barge management option
The virtual course is structured around a general curriculum to give the training course participants a broad understanding of the EIVA NaviSuite processing and reporting software solutions, and to make them confident in carrying out data processing in general as well as post-processing of pipeline and cable inspection data
The training consists of case-based training sessions, in which an instructor will guide the participants through a series of hands-on training scenarios based primarily on the information acquired from the eLearning modules and combined with a short introduction to each main topic by the instructor
During the course, participants are guided through how to:
- Install the relevant NaviSuite software solutions (NaviPac 4.5 and the rig move and barge management option)
- Understand the basic architecture of NaviSuite NaviPac 4.5
- Configure the navigation instruments on the rig as well as on the tugs
- Configure NaviPac 4.5 on the rig, including setting up a rig move scenario
- Use Inter vessel communication using telemetry and WLAN
- Configure NaviPac 4.5 on the tugs to support the rig move scenario
- Use the NaviPac 4.5 configurations in a simulated environment to perform a rig move on a barge as well as on tugs
- Understand how to control tugs from the rig remotely
- Create rig move reports
- Perform trouble shooting
The course is aimed towards surveyors who have some experience with offshore survey work and a basic knowledge of hydrographic surveying
A minimum score of 80% in all the required EIVA eLearning modules prior to the start of the course is recommended, so the participants has a good basic understanding of the topics covered. Both eLearning and the following training course is conducted in English
The duration of the classroom training is three days with training of the group taking place from 9.00 – 13.00 CET. At the end of the training session, the instructor will give the trainees relevant assignments to complete during the afternoon and for review the following day. From 13.30 – 16.00 CET, the instructor will be available for catch-up, assistance and questions from the individual participant.
An EIVA NaviSuite training certificate is issued to each trainee upon completion of the course
Access to EIVA eLearning will be provided for 90 days free of charge to allow the participant to prepare for the course and to continue practicing the newly learned skills afterwards. Additional access in 12 months can be purchased at the reduced price of €95.
Access to NaviSuite
EIVA NaviSuite can be downloaded from our website for preparation purposes and can partially run in demo/simulation mode. Activation codes for full access and activation of the NaviSuite software bundle Nardoa is provided for 30 days as part of the course.
The participant must have a stable internet connection to run Microsoft Teams smoothly.
- PC specifications:
- OS Windows 10
- 4GB Ram
- 20 GB disk space
- Graphics board 1GB Ram (not shared)
- The user must have administrative rights over the PC
- Other requirements:
- A mouse with scroll function
- A headset
- 2 x monitors (one to view the training and one to perform the tasks)
Securing your seat
There is room for up to 10 participants at our virtual training courses and your seat is secured once we have received your payment. We only accept orders that are paid by credit card in our webshop.
For further information, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Have you heard of our EIVA LIVE webinar series?
We strive to stay at the forefront of the industry by constantly developing our products according to our customers' needs. This webinar series allow you to be kept up to date on which solutions we have developed lately.