Teledyne RD Instruments' RiverPro is a member of a growing family of acoustic doppler current profilers (ADCPs) for inland water resources applications. The 1,200-kilohertz RiverPro is purpose-built to fill two specific needs: to provide an ADCP designed specifically for shallow river applications (20-centimetre to 25-metre range), and to provide an upgrade path for the current industry gold standard Rio Grande ADCP users.
Like the RiverRay ADCP, the RiverPro offers users a five-beam solution, auto-adaptive sampling, user-friendly interface and Teledyne RD Instruments’ unsurpassed quality, service and support. The RiverPro is also designed to fit into the RiverRay float, allowing users to swap out their ADCPs based on their environment, thereby eliminating the need to purchase and transport a second float.
- 20° beam, allowing users to collect data closer to the bottom
- 600-kHz fifth beam collects true vertical velocity with a calibrated return signal strength indicator (RSSI) and range to bottom
- Fully integrated GPS for georeferencing
- Auto-adaptive sample, which quickly provides accurate discharge measurements without the need for user configurations
- Manual override, which allows advanced users the ability to fully customise their system setting as an alternative to auto-adaptive sampling
- Conduit for Workhorse Rio Grande ADCP users to upgrade their ADCPs to include the benefits derived from Teledyne RD Instruments' electronics and technology advancements