EIVA is a leading engineering company delivering cutting-edge solutions to the international maritime industries. We are on the lookout for a new crew member with a mechanical engineering background for our R&D department, so we can keep creating innovative solutions and remain a technology provider at the forefront of the maritime industries.
What we do: At EIVA, we develop and provide equipment, software and various services to customers specialising in ocean sciences, oil and gas, offshore wind and construction, to name just a few fields we’re active in. Our product portfolio includes hardware and software solutions for a wide range of subsea and above water operations. The products you, our new mechanical engineer, will work with will include our sensor platforms (buoys and ROTVs).
You will join an experienced team of software, mechanical and technical engineers in creating solutions that allow our customers to successfully map oceans, discover forgotten mines, establish offshore wind turbines and much more.
As an EIVA R&D mechanical engineer, you will play a vital role in the development of our hardware products. You will partake in development projects from concept to production, including:
- Maintenance and further development of existing products
- Development of the EIVA product portfolio and customer projects
- Unit design from draft to production documentation
- Material selection, components search and construction calculations for systems in a maritime environment
- Development of production techniques and test procedures in close collaboration with the production and sourcing teams
- Prototype and end-testing on products ranging from smaller units to complete systems such as ROTVs and drones (USVs, ROVs)
The ideal candidate…
- Holds a degree in mechanical engineering
- Is an experienced user of CAD/Autodesk 3D/Inventor
- Possesses strong English language skills (both written and spoken)
- Has a natural interest in gadgets, robotics and technology in general
- Takes initiative and holds a proactive approach to finding solutions to complicated issues
- Likes to get their hands on the products, tightening the screws themselves when testing prototypes
- Sees the big picture without losing sight of the details in a fast-paced environment
- Possesses strong commercial skills in terms of choosing the right solution that will bring the most value to the product portfolio
Knowledge of products for the maritime surveying and construction industry would be most welcome but is not a requirement. We know that we operate in a niche industry, so if you’re new to the maritime world, we’ll be sure to equip you with all necessary introductions to our activities and solutions before you dive into the EIVA waters.
Joining the EIVA crew
Joining EIVA means becoming part of a company that takes pride in having an informal and open workplace culture, engaged with high-end, innovative technology in an inspiring environment.
At EIVA, because of how highly we value an individual’s sense of personal responsibility and proactivity, it is possible to make your mark and surprise us if you find undiscovered opportunities.
We value proper balance between work and private life; something reflected by 15th, 20th and even 25th anniversaries being a common enough event among our colleagues.
We offer various benefits, such as a pension scheme and health insurance, a canteen that no one leaves with an empty stomach, and an active social calendar (when we are not limited by the coronavirus situation).
You will be working out of EIVA's headquarters in Stilling, Denmark – just one minute away from E45 and 15 minutes away from Aarhus by car and easy to get to by bus.
Ready to dive in?
If we have caught your attention, send your letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘R&D mechanical engineer’ in the subject line of your email.
All applications will be handled with discretion. Interviews will be held after July/August due to the summer holidays, after which the new crew member will start as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Martin Kristensen VP Hardware Development at email@example.com.