We are on the lookout for an extra crew member who can dive into the tasks of online content creation in a temporary position. We would be happy to take you on full time, but we can also be flexible as to number of hours per week for the right candidate, including student assistants and interns.
Depending on how many hours you can work per week, we would like you to join us for 3-6 months, with your first day at work being as soon as possible.
We have a long list of things we would like to share with our stakeholders via online media, but not enough hands to write the content, so we would like help in getting the waterfall of ideas into our short- and long-term content calendar.
Please note that strong English skills, both written and verbal, are a must for this position.
Who we are
EIVA is a hardware and software engineering company headquartered in Stilling, between Aarhus and Skanderborg. We provide solutions to the international maritime industry to customers who specialise in renewable energy, oil and gas exploration, seabed-to-surface construction and services, and hydrographic surveys, just to mention a few.
Join a content cruise focusing on online media
Through your communicative skills, your main responsibility will be to help our marketing team ensure that our (potential) customers are kept up to date on activities, product features, new releases and other subjects that would be relevant to share online.
Alongside our social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instragram) and newsletter, our website is our main marketing channel. We strive to ensure a steady stream of relevant content for our followers and visitors. The ultimate goal is to ensure that those looking towards EIVA for their next operation can find the information they need in order to successfully map oceans, discover forgotten mines and set up wind turbines at sea and much more.
You will help steer our content calendar and its production, working together with the rest of the marketing team as well as other colleagues who will contribute with topics and input for a new piece of content.
We do not expect you to be a maritime or engineering expert, but we do expect you to have a genuine interest in acquiring an understanding of our customers’ operational areas, along with that of our hardware solutions and software products. Thus, be able to either write about them at a general level, or finish content pieces started by the experts among your colleagues when the level of technical detail requires their contribution to the process.
Your main tasks would include…
- Producing content for our website centered around products, services, new partnerships, general knowledge sharing, etc in the shape of
- News items
- Case studies
- Press releases
- SoMe posts
- … all gathered in a monthly newsletter
- Proofreading of copy for internal and external communication
Depending on your experience and profile, your tasks could also include the following:
- Expanding the product information on the website in close collaboration with our marketing director and product managers
You'll be working out of EIVA's headquarters – just one minute away from the E45, 15 minutes away from Aarhus by car, and easy to get to by bus.
What you will get
- Either a full-time position or a job with very flexible hours, so you can fit it in with your study/other activities, depending on which setup you would prefer
- The chance to make your mark on our marketing activities – we are always open to new input and ideas
- An opportunity to work in a company where all employees – whether they are interns or senior executives – are treated alike and respected for their contributions
- Insight into an industry going ahead at full speed and with a very international atmosphere
In short, the ideal candidate…
- Comes with a relevant educational background or experience, such as journalism, corporate communication, copy editing, marketing or similar; the key being the wish and ability to write a copy that will engage the reader and clearly convey the desired message
- Has experience in writing about technical subjects and/or possesses a technical background – as a minimum, (s)he is a fast learner who enjoys going into the details of advanced technologies to learn how they work
- Knows and advocates the importance of attacking a piece of content with the eyes of the target audience
- Welcomes the challenge of gathering information from experts and turning it into a finished product
- Enjoys having many different types of tasks in play and rearranging their priority when new ones join the list
- Possesses English skills at a native level – all pieces of content will be written in English and must be as close to flawless as possible
- Is so detail-oriented when proofreading that detectives are put to shame
Joining the EIVA crew
Joining EIVA means becoming part of a company that takes pride in having an informal and open workplace culture while being engaged with high-end, innovative technology in an inspiring environment.
At EIVA, we value an individual’s sense of personal responsibility and proactivity, therefore it’s possible to make your mark and surprise us if you find undiscovered opportunities.
We value a proper balance between work and private life; something reflected by the 15th, 20th and even 25th anniversaries commonly celebrated.
Ready to dive in?
If we’ve hooked your attention, please send a letter of application and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Content writer’ in the subject line of your email.
All applications will be handled with discretion. Interviews will be held immediately, with a view to starting as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Anne Juul Andreasen, Director Marketing & Sales, at email@example.com.